Tuesday, April 29, 2008

1001 things - Its all up to you - Organization Helps

Everything is very do-able setting up your own practice....it just takes a while to get all of the things you need, done. I utilize a similar technique as I used in Naturopathic College, constant rotating lists/calendars of items I don't want to fall off my radar. Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting that much done and going back to the lists and crossing items off is very satisfying!

I keep separation in my emails so I have accounts for business/patients to contact me at and personal addresses for friends which I check on weekends/evenings.

I really like the work of David Allen - productivity Guru. He has a CD you can listen to while commuting that has tons of organizational ideas and how to get the weight of your "to-do's" out of your short term memory thereby decreasing your stress. Hence more productivity.

When I was setting up my office I really appreciated that I had a rotation on the reception desk at college so I knew what supplies I would need and how to best set it up for myself.

It's true you will be just as busy as you were in Naturopathic College if you start your own practice....but you will be calling the shots on what is the priority each day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tips! I am in my 4th year at NCNM and any advice on how to start a practice is much appreciated!

Unknown said...

Hi,Sole proprietorship is the most common form of business organization not only in company formation in Qatar, but in the world. It is one of the quickest and easiest ways to set up a small business operation.Thanks.....