Sunday, March 23, 2008

Your Practice - A Family Business?

According the book E-Myth Physician by Michael Gerber, all successful businesses are family businesses, and medical practices are no different. So doesn't the same apply for Naturopathic Medical Practices? Well I'm just starting to learn how very true this is; if I had to do all my business planning without input from my family (and some very good friends) I'm sure I would feel much more overwelmed.

Having family members who can advise and come up with things still needing to be addressed has helped me greatly in creating my business. From handing out business cards, to helping put in ceiling tiles when the contractor takes an unexpected holiday, they are your best supportors and essential to have on board for your success.

We all learned in Naturpathic Medical College the importance of teamwork. That's what I've found works for me, a family team of advisors who all want to see me succeed; they've seen Naturopathic Medicine work for themselves and want to help me deliver it successfully to patients.

No comments: