Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bookkeeping - Getting Quicker with Manual in Hand.

Naturopathic Medical College http://www.binm.org gave me an excellent and challenging medical education, however the business learning curve, particularly bookkeeping has been the steepest for me. Month Five for West Shore Family Naturopathic Ltd. www.WestShoreFamilyNaturopathic.com and things are becoming more streamlined. I truly needed to be open and practicing to accurately create my systems, categories and procedures, which were in a very idealized form from my HBBH assignments http://www.hbbhealth.net . I'm currently in the process of revamping these, incorporating insights from daily practice and preparing all manuals for the introduction of additional staff positions at West Shore Family Naturopathic Ltd. www.WestShoreFamilyNaturopathic.com

Thanks goodness for the framework I was introduced to at HBBH http://www.hbbhealth.net or I would not have known where to begin. If you plan to open your own practice you must invest in additional business education for yourself! I have also been thankful for the access to the HBBH chat group and database which has answered many questions prior to encountering the problem in office.

The other thing I'm really glad I invested in was the Optional Official QuickBooks Manual. The tips and cautions have been worth the price 10 times over. Particularly, when initially setting up QuickBooks, I loved the section that walks you through the initial set-up interview. I have utilized the manual many times as I encountered a new area of QuickBooks.

Well back to my books...
Dr Janine Fraser CH ASc BSc ND

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine!

I was googling a book we need for this fall, "How to build a successful naturopathic practice" and you came right up so I stopped by and have been checking out your blog. Very very good! This is going to be bookmarked for when I'm in your shoes in a few years. Good luck with it all and thank you very much for documenting the process so the rest of us can learn from you.

Sacha Elliott

Vee said...

Dear Dr. Fraser:

I'm a naturopathic student and looking to start my own practice in 3 years. Thanks for your blog, it's been very insightful!

I look forward to more posts!

Regards,
Vanessa Ruiz