Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So You've Decided to Open Your Own Practice

Deciding to open my own Naturopathic Practice directly out of Naturopathic Medical College was not a decision I made lightly. I have been working towards this goal for almost five years as I recall dreaming of my own practice when I first entered Naturopathic Medical College (www.binm.org) way back in September 2003.
Back then, I was naive about business plans, book keeping and financing options but I knew there was more to learn so I listened intently whenever one of our knowledgeable ND instructors would toss out pearls about making their practice successful. One day a favorite instructor told us about business courses she was taking and how they were helping her to become even more successful in her practice. I quickly had to take the same courses (www.wholisticsolutions.net) which gave me a basic business framework I've continued to build on.
Since graduating and becoming liscenced as a Naturopathic Physician, I have been reading, learning, doing business in an attempt to reach one goal....pay my overhead, staff and myself so I can ultimately assist others to feel better.